Re: I upgraded to F12 and I can only run a console session. Help ! (wifii administration from a console ?)

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 3:37 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan gmail com> wrote:
On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 01:59 -0700, linux guy wrote:
> iwconfig lets me set the various parameters of an interface, but how
> do I start that interface such that the router assigns it an IP and
> DNS works ?

NM can be configured to activate on boot, without waiting for a login,
so system-config-network from a console ought to do it. I say "ought to"
because when I tried it I got a completely different dialogue from the
usual one, which is disconcerting. I've no idea why that should be.

I got a network connection working.  whew !   I ran system-config-network from the command line.  DHCP wasn't enabled for eth0.  I enabled it and wala, I got an IP address and I can ping outside my local network. Yum update is running right now.