Re: Help: No internet connection

Quoting "H. Willstrand" <h willstrand gmail com>:

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 9:35 PM,  <simon schneebeli okko org> wrote:
Hello all,

My problem is definitively not linked to the fedora-webpage being down.
Meanwhile I made some progress:

At my brothers place I managed to connect to the internet with no problem.
All programmes worked, so I could add all the additional programs I needed
and install the latest updates.

Now, back home, my problem is the following:
- DOES NOT WORK: Firefox, Thunderbird, Evolution (error connecting to the
server)

What is your proxy settings in FF?
(Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Network->Settings->"Configure proxies to
access the Internet"

//HW
Already checked that. No proxi in use (never did).

An additional information: The message "Server not found" pops up immediately. I have the impression that it blocks somewhere on my computer or at the modem...

Any idea?

Simon