editing menu items

In fedora 11 you could edit the command for any menu item (like
Applications-Internet-Skype) by right clicking on the icon but this
doesn't work in F12. However, if I drag the icon to the top panel I can
edit the copy, but it doesn't have any effect on the menu version. Is
there a reason for this, or is it a bug? Or have I missed something?

--
N James Bridge <james xmas demon co uk>