Re: Help: No internet connection

As mentioned in my first e-mail, Opera works fine (I use it to send these
e-mails) as does Skype.

I don't think (but as I don't use it I'd welcome corrections) that
Opera gets information about whether the connection is up from
NetworkManager.

As for the differences between the network at home and at my brothers place:
It's another service provider, another modem, but I don't know any details.

What kind of modem? DSL, Cable, 3G/HSPDA? How are you connected?
Wireless, Wired etc.

Ok. I'll try to provide as much information as I can.
- Wired or wireless doesn't change anything. I have tried both.
- I'm using a DSL connection with a WPA2 encryption
- No proxi, DHCP

Mr. Willstrand asked me to do the following:

[simon sangam ~]$ nslookup download.fedoraproject.org
Server:                192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
download.fedoraproject.org        canonical name = wildcard.fedoraproject.org.
Name:        wildcard.fedoraproject.org
Address: 66.35.62.166
Name:        wildcard.fedoraproject.org
Address: 80.239.156.215
Name:        wildcard.fedoraproject.org
Address: 152.46.7.222

And if I directly type "firefox 66.35.62.166", I get to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/IndexAdmin without further problem. So he means that this might be a problem with DNS...

Simon

I think we need a lot more information about your network setup before
we can help ;o)