F12 installation woes with DVD plus online repositories

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Fedora 12 with the installation DVD plus downloading extra packages and updates with an Internet connection to the online repositories for extra packages and updates. However, the speed of the installation process is seriously troubling me.

I know that yum is set up to randomly select mirrors for downloads of updates and post-main-installation... isntallation... of other packages selected to be installed through GNOME Package Kit. Would Anaconda use mirrors to download the packages in my case, or are they all coming off of the Fedora Project servers? Would I be better off downloading the updates and extra packages later then?

Thanks,
William