Re: Help: No internet connection

Quoting Rick Sewill <rsewill gmail com>:

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 17:16 -0700, simon schneebeli okko org wrote:
Quoting "H. Willstrand" <h willstrand gmail com>:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:35 AM,  <simon schneebeli okko org> wrote:
>> I currently have 6 Troubleshooter isues:
>> - SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/python "write access on sysctl.conf
>> - SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/python "setattr" access on sysctl.conf.
>> - SELinux is preventing /bin/find "getattr" access to
>> /var/lib/misc/prelink.full
>> - SELinux is preventing /bin/bash "write" access to
>> /var/lib/misc/prelink.quick
>> - SELinux is preventing /bin/bash "search" access to /home.
>> - SELinux is preventing /bin/bash "search" access to /home/Simon
>>

> Nope...
>
> Your network configuration seams to work (nslookup reported:  server
> 192.168.1.1 and the correct IP for download.fedoraproject.org, etc)
> which proves the correct functionality from your ISP and modem.

I don't think that the problem is linked to that either, since this
morning, at my brother's place, everything went well.

I'll try tomorrow with the live CD and also try to find out the DNS
numbers, just to be sure that it's not that.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Simon

Your DNS server is 192.168.1.1?

Did you say you were using a DSL router?

Is the IP address of your DSL router, 192.168.1.1?

You also say everything works fine at your brother's place.

Could your DSL router be doing something, like blocking certain traffic?
Can you check your DSL router configuration, please?

Need to go sleeping now (it's 1:30 am already here in Switzerland). I'll check out the DSL router configuration tomorrow. But what I can already say is that with Ubuntu (which I used until Fryday evening), I never had any problem, so I would be surprised if it's that.

Simon