Re: linux as router

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 22:59 +0100, paul van der meij wrote:
> I don't think that it makes sense to configure a router with one
> physical network card. If another PC on the same cable segment tries
> to reach something it needs a router that has connection with more
> than the same network cable.

Not at all. Consider VLANs, VPN routing and now virtualisation - these
all create situations where it makes a lot of sense for a host with a
single NIC to perform routing.

Granted, it might not be the best way to do things for a given situation
but it's certainly a valid configuration (and can be very useful for
testing).

Regards,
Bryn.