Re: Enabling Airport wireless on Macbook Air with F12

Quoth Colin Paul Adams on Pungenday, the 56th of The Aftermath:
> I just tried RythmBox with an Audio CD - it plays but not sound :-(

The consensus seems to be (at least for MacBookAir2,1), that the
following in /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf:

  options snd_hda_intel model=mbp3

lets you use the headphone, but not the speakers.[1]

I forget now how I got sound working on the MacBookAir1,1.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookAir2-1/Jaunty