Re: Real Audio on F12

On Monday 14 December 2009 16:59:06 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Following on from that, do you know of a way to capture the stream using
> mplayer (or anything else for that matter)? RFM I guess, but the FM is
> rather long and complex :-)

mplayer -ao pcm:fast,file=givemeaname.wav -playlist
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/inourtime/rams/inourtime_20081009.ram

Note that this should be one line, it might get word-wrapped.

You might want to read up on pcm driver in the description of the -ao option
(audio output driver to use) of man mplayer.

<quote>
There is no media that can be played back with software and not be captured
into a file. ;-)
</quote>

HTH, :-)
Marko