Re: Real Audio on F12

Patrick O'Callaghan:
>> Following on from that, do you know of a way to capture the stream using
>> mplayer (or anything else for that matter)? RFM I guess, but the FM is
>> rather long and complex :-)

Marko Vojinovic:
> mplayer -ao pcm:fast,file=givemeaname.wav -playlist http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/inourtime/rams/inourtime_20081009.ram
>
> Note that this should be one line, it might get word-wrapped.

That will transcode the stream to your requested format, rather than
capture the stream.  But it's probably more what people want to do.

One advantage with capturing the raw stream is that you *may* get it
with some descriptive meta information in the stream (titles that give
you a who, where, what, etc.).  Though some streams are just as
anonymous as wav files.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686