RPM and DEB compatibility

I recently took the time to make a really cool special self-made distro of
Linux. However, I want to be able to use both RPM servers and DEB servers
to update things with. I don't wish to use the one special piece of
software allready out their to turn RPM's into DEB's, because then I can
only use DEB servers to update easily, and I want both to have equal
precidence (the higher version wins out). Am I being impossible or is
their a way to do this?

Basically, I am wanting to have the shell determine the version of the
software installed and use the newer version, I suppose. I am currently
using BASH, but have SH, KSH, and CSH installed on my system.

Thanks in advanced.

--
Rallias Ubernerd
Clan: Phoenix of Rose Ash