F11 iptables can't disable

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 15 21:09:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 14:26 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 10:01 -0500, KC8LDO wrote:
> > Yes I can use "service iptables stop" at the CLI but the firewall is
> > right back again with filtering when I reboot the machine.
>
> Try reading the replying posts again.
>
> "service iptables stop" will stop it now, and only now.  Likewise with
> using it to start or restart a service.
>
> What happens when booting/changing run levels is controlled by something
> else.  The chkconfig command can control that, and list what levels the
> service will be on or off at.
>
> e.g. chkconfig --list iptables
>      chkconfig iptables off
>      chkconfig --list iptables

The above is correct and what I said before was a product of my machine
problems I thought I would never fix. My Bugzilla report of the nautilus
connection problem just sits there unsolved and it is embarrassing.
Rahul convinced me to Bugzilla error so developers learn about problems.
But their getting around to fix the problem is a whole different
problem.

And it should be the law: If you use the word `paradigm' without knowing
what the dictionary says it means, you go to jail. No exceptions. --
David Jones
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net