Re: SMS client for linux?

Once upon a time, L <yuanlux gmail com> said:
> I have a vodafone wireless broadband dongle. This prepaid package
> comes with 15 free SMS. NM on F12 is great to connect it. my question
> is that, is there a tool to send/receive  SMS on linux? The vodafone
> connect kit for windows includes a SMS client to send and receive SMS.
> I don't want waste 15 SMS, Could any one know an equivalent tool for
> linux?

Gnokii is a cell phone tool that can send and receive SMS, if your cell
interface presents a serial port to Linux (my phone for example presents
two).  It takes a little bit of configuration in /etc/gnokiirc but works
okay.

I use the gnokii-smsd daemon to send text messages from other programs
(like Nagios).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>