Re: SB driver in F12 ?

According to the ALSA soundcard matrix [1] they support PCI versions (not PC-cards?) from ALSA v.1.0.21 onwards. Does this match your setup?

I recently read somwhere (can't recall where) that the drivers were not very good at the time when Creative open sourced their own (a month or two ago maybe? I'm not sure.) If true, how much could they improve in that time? I know this sounds a bit woolly...

[1] http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Creative_Labs

Frode Petersen