Installing a new BIOS on a Dell Computer

The last time I installed a new BIOS on a Dell Computer I used a floppy
disk. That is no longer an option. Could anyone explain how I can
accomplish this? Please be as detailed as you can describing the
procedure.
There never was a good war or a bad peace. -- B. Franklin