Re: how to get F12 to 'send host-name' in dhcp request?

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:29:46 -0800
M. Milanuk wrote:

> Can someone help me out here?  This is driving me nutty.  How do I make
> F12 send the right request to the dhcp server?

Every distro seems to do this differently (sometimes each distro
changes between releases :-), but for fedora/redhat what has
always worked for me is to edit the ifcfg-eth0 script
and add:

DHCP_HOSTNAME="whatever"

to the parameters.