Re: Installing a new BIOS on a Dell Computer

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Kevin Kempter wrote:

I updated my DELL bios this way, it worked great:

http://linuxtidbits.wordpress.com/2009/01/22/create-a-bios-recovery-cd-in-
linux/

I'm not sure I understand the term "recovery" in this context.
My understanding was that if you trashed your BIOS,
fixing it involved a soldering iron.
The fix would not involve a CD because you couldn't use a CD drive.

--
Michael   hennebry web cs ndsu NoDak edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.