Nouveau driver with nvidia dual head

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 20:04:21 UTC 2009

I just installed Fedora 12 using the LiveCD. It discovered my nvidia and
samsung hardware with the dual monitors. In particular, it stretched the
default desktop background across both screens. All was well.

Until I rebooted. Then, when I logged in, the desktop background was no
longer stretched across both monitors, but each monitor had its own complete
copy. Everything else works right: all windows stretch across the monitors
as one large desktop.

I've played around with all the settings, googled for the problem, no joy. I
even installed the livna kmod drivers and they would only recognize one
monitor. Besides, the LiveCD did TheRightThing(tm), so it ought to work.

Any suggestions on how I might proceed?

Kirk