Re: Tar oddity...

On 12/17/2009 11:51 PM, DB wrote:
Hi All,

I've just (re)installed F12 on my laptop, & tried to copy my home
directory (F11) from my desktop using tar.

The create went OK, & I can do tar tvh on the desktop no probs. But when
I connect the external drive to the laptop, tar tvh says it's closing
because of previous errors; ark refuses to open the .tar.gz file as it
has errors.

Please show us the actual error message. You are not providing sufficient details to be able to help.

Ralf