Re: Some Thunderbird attachments don't start application

Antonio M wrote:
> 2009/12/18 Ed Greshko <Ed Greshko greshko com>:
>
>> Antonio M wrote:
>>
>>> how do I add an other type of attachment?? I don't see such option,
>>> maybe too early in the morning
>>> (I have only OpenDocument text and PDF document, I want to add a
>>> MicrosoftOffice text...)
>>>

>> AFAIK, you can't add new attachment types directly...at least not from
>> the GUI.  The actions get created when a particular attachment type is
>> first encountered and clicked on.
>>

>> --
>> es
>>

> I guess that some lines have to be added manually to mymetypes.rdf in
> ./Thunderbird/Profiles folder, but how???

No....  I just means you either have to wait until someone sends you a
particular attachment or you can send them to yourself.

--
A private sin is not so prejudicial in the world as a public indecency.
-- Miguel de Cervantes Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7