two minor issues with Thunderbird

1) I am using filters on incoming mail...I note that there is a
difference in the way regrouped messages are listed, i.e. in the
Incoming folder mail if you get a new message in a discussion all
discussion is moved according to received mail date i.e. on top of the
list , while in the filtered mail messages new messages are regrouped
but leading date is the first message's date

2) in a Thunderbird installation, I see also folders changing colors,
when fresh mail is arriving: how do I start such an option in other
installations - funny that it is working on a F11 installation but not
on F12 installations :-)

Tnx

--
Antonio Montagnani