F12 and wi-fi dongles

As I cannot connect by a Huawei dongle in F12 (on two different
boxes), I re-installed F11 on a third machine and bam, I was
immediately on-line (after some modification on usb_modeswitch.conf
file).
Digging on different files I could not find any usb_modeswitch.rules
files in /etc/udev/rules.d
Is this the reason why the system is not working with wireless dongle????
It can be a clue also for  Bug 541686 -  Huawei 1692 is not recognized
as a 3G card with standard file
Or am I wrong??

--
Antonio Montagnani