Re: F12 Live CHECKSUM failing

Hi Saurabh,

2009/12/18 Sawrub <luckysharma11 gmail com>:
> On 12/18/2009 12:29 AM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>> In addition to what Rick mentioned in another post, your command is
>> missing a flag. It should be,
>>
>> $ sha256sum -c *-CHECKSUM
>>
> Executed that also now as a part of other commands,  but still in vain.
>
> [sawrub mybox Fedora-12-x86_64-Live]$ sha256sum -c *-CHECKSUM
> Fedora-12-x86_64-Live.iso: FAILED
> sha256sum: WARNING: 1 of 1 computed checksum did NOT match
> [sawrub mybox Fedora-12-x86_64-Live]$
>
> Is this a bug that needs to be solved.?

This shows that your download is corrupted. That would explain all
your other problems too. You need to download the iso again. If you
are using direct download, I would suggest you to switch to torrent.
While downloading torrents, your torrent client (e.g. transmission or
ktorrent) checks for the checksums of each piece, so corrupted
downloads are very rare.

GL
--
Suvayu