Re: please help! -- F12: login disallowed upon changing shell from bash to tcsh

On 12/18/2009 11:56 AM, Globe Trotter wrote:
Hi,

I installed F12 from the LXDE spin and it came up all right. However, upon changing my login shell from bash to tcsh, I can no longer log in using the graphical desktop. Specifically I get the message:

"Failed to execute login command"

After a day's worth of troubleshooting, I have tracked it down to changing the login shell from bash to tcsh. Any suggestions as to how i can have tcsh as well as be able to log in?

Btw, I am using slim because I am using the LXDE spin.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Best wishes,

tcsh is no longer installed by default.

From the graphical login screen:

<CNTRL><ALT><F2>

Log in as root:

# yum install tcsh
#exit

<CNTRL><ALT><F1>

You should now be able to login.

Or use: System/Administration/Add-Remove Software
if you have another user available.

Good Luck!