How to import filters in thunderbird

When I select import from the tools menu in the latest thunderbird, select Filters and click next I get a get a dialog box which says:

Please select the type of file that you would like to import

There are no options.  So how do I import filters?

I have not tried to import everything and point to the file that contains the filters only to see if that works, but I should be able to update just the filters.

Paolo