Re: 8 GB Flash drive formatted at 3.7 GB

On 12/18/2009 01:59 PM, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> I have a Kingston Data Traveler 8GB Flash drive that was previously
> formatted FAT32. I reformatted it ext3 simply by clicking on the icon
> and choosing "Format", but it still has only 3.7 GB available.
> Any way around this?
You reformatted the existing partition. So it is the same size as
the FAT32 partition. If you want to use the entire drive, you will
need to re-partition it. You will probably want to use gparted for
this. You have the choice of creating a second partition, expanding
the existing partition to use the full drive, or deleting the
current partition, and creating a new one.