Re: Upgrading with preupgrade: flawless!

On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 22:55 -0800, Clark Martin wrote:

> OR NOT!
>
> I'm still in the middle up running preupgrade.  But it was griping about
> not enough space in the /boot partition.  I tried ripping out old
> kernels, etc.  Still not enough space.

Clark,

Michael Chronenworth posted a simple solution to this problem. He moved
install.img from /boot to a thumb drive. When anaconda doesn't find it
in /boot, it asks for its location. Point anaconda to the thumb drive
and your upgrade will proceed without a hitch.

HTH

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL