Re: Slowness with ssh in F12 !!!

On Saturday 19 December 2009 07:04:12 Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> Does anyone know why the ssh connection is so slow regard to F11 ?

Maybe the Nagios server had your previous ip (in its hosts file) and now it
doesn't for your current ip (I'm guessing).   I think SSHD is performing a
reverse lookup when you connect...and that may be de delay.

Try one of these:

1- Put your ip (client pc) on the server's  /etc/hosts file

2- Modify /etc/ssh/sshd_config and change:
#UseDNS yes
UseDNS no

then:   service sshd restart

HTH,