Re: To Timothy Murphy

On Saturday 19 December 2009 04:11 AM, Paul Smith wrote:
On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Fennix<cn stefan gmail com>  wrote:
All your messages at gmail end up in my spam folder with the following
mention:

Warning: This message may not be from whom it claims to be. Beware of
following any links in it or of providing the sender with any personal
information.  Learn more

A different Tim, here, but that might be due to him posting through the
gmane usenet to email gateway (it gives me problems, too; different
problems, though).  You could have a look through the headers of one of
his mails, and see if there's something in there you can use to tell
your mail filter that those messages aren't spam.

I don't think you can tweak gmail's spam filter. Not directly, anyway.
I always check Timothy Murphy's mails that gmail labels as spam as
"not spam", hoping to teach it that they're not. I fully expect to see
a change in gmail's behaviour in a few thousand years (provided, of
course, that TM at least keeps up his the present day rate of
postings).

Hmmm, I also use gmail and all of Timothy Murphy's emails reach me.  I do
have a filter that moves all incoming fedora list mail to a fedora folder.
  I have never found any fedora list mail in my spam folder.
fennix

In my case, all Timothy Murphy's posts go to the GMail spam folder.

Paul

I use this[1] rule in Gmail to archive and direct all fedora-list traffic to a Fedora label within Gmail. And I rarely get any of his messages mislabelled as spam. It is definitely quite a bit better since I reported a few "this is not spam"-s.

I think you can also setup something like `from:"Timothy Murphy"' to direct his messages to the proper label in Gmail.

HTH

[1] (list:"fedora-list.redhat.com" OR list:"fedora-announce-list.redhat.com")

--
Suvayu