Re: Booting sparkly new F12 install, error 13 from grub.

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 11 December 2009, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:

That is a thought I suppose, but between 2 different distro's? Sounds a little dicey.

OTOH, that would be a nice idea as it would be the quickest, dirtiest way I could think of to get amanda rebuilt for 64 bit since it is always buil;t and installed from amanda's home dir.

Since no one has suggested a fix for the 64 bit F12 fedora being so slow, I have another 64 bit torrent running right now, to see if that one is 50x slower than this F10 32 bit install is now.

I would try the Live-CD and see how that runs, smaller download. The suggestion is that some part of your system hardware isn't well supported. I would try some non-graphic tests, I have concluded that the Open Source purity of graphics drivers is more important than the speed or functionality, and that I should try running a remote console on a machine with fast graphics before I blame anything else.

Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>