Re: Saving Tbird e-mail files? -

On 19/12/09 17:04, Mike Cloaked wrote:

So re-capping:
1) Set up local imap server - dovecot.
2) Set up email client eg Thunderbird and/or Evolution and/or kmail etc with
each email client having an account pointing to any mail servers where you
have email - one account may be gmail, another your local dovecot imap, and
you may have a yahoo account or others as well
3) Set up filter rules to copy mail from one or other of these servers to
any of the others - each "account" set up in an email client points to a
different server.

I hope this helps

   I found that I could set up a "movemail" account in Thunderbird. I
   made one for "bobg 192 168 1 106" which should be the computer with
   the server, clicked on "get mail" but nothing showed? Perhaps I
   missed something in dovecot config.?

   Bob