Annoyance Re: Gnotes ?!?

Hi;

I have replaced TomBoy (which I used throughout the day) with Gnote.

I want to set Gnote in my startup file so that it starts with the icon
in the notification bar but the search window NOT open.

I can get what I want when I start gnote from Panel Menu => Applications
=> Accessories but not from "Startup Applications".  gnote --help nor
the Configuration Editor give me any options for starting without the
search window automatically opening at startup.  I also end up with two
instances of gnote running. Locate doesn't seem to show me a *rc file or
a configuration file in /home or /etc.

Any suggestions ?

--
Regards Bill