Annoyance Re: Gnotes ?!?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 20 21:59:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 09:40 -0500, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have replaced TomBoy (which I used throughout the day) with Gnote.
>
> I want to set Gnote in my startup file so that it starts with the icon
> in the notification bar but the search window NOT open.
>
> I can get what I want when I start gnote from Panel Menu => Applications
> => Accessories but not from "Startup Applications".  gnote --help nor
> the Configuration Editor give me any options for starting without the
> search window automatically opening at startup.  I also end up with two
> instances of gnote running. Locate doesn't seem to show me a *rc file or
> a configuration file in /home or /etc.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> --
> Regards Bill
> Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28
> Evo.2.28, Emacs 23.1.1
When you right click on a panel and the choose to dd to Panel, one of
the things you can add is gnote. This appears as a yellow icon in gnome,
unopened. No search window appears until you click on the gnote icon.
Dealing with the problem of pure staff accumulation, all our
researches ... point to an average increase of 5.75% per year. -- C.N.
Parkinson
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net