Monday as first day of week - Gnome Calendar

Hello all,

I'm on Fedora 12 and getting used to Gnome after using KDE for many years...
Is there a way to change the first day of week from Sunday to Monday on the
Calendar applet?  I tried searching for it for a while but nothing seems to
work for me.   I tried changing:

first_weekday 1
first_weekday 2

on the file:  /usr/share/i18n/locales/en_US (my locale) but that didn't work.
I restarted the panel & tried rebooting after that with no sucess.

I also tried creating $HOME/.gnomerc with "export LC_TIME=en_GB.utf8" but
still don't get it.

Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks,
Jorge