volume keybindings

Sorry to say, but I had to uninstall pulseaudio yet again. So I'm back to
alsa and I feel much better. Except that my <Alt>Page-up/down shortcuts
don't work anymore. I guess they used to control pulse volume. Does
anyone know how to bind the sound keyboard shortcuts to the alsa mixer?
I'm guessing I have to do something in gconf-editor, but I don't know the
magic words.