Re: 8 GB Flash drive formatted at 3.7 GB

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Chris Smart <mail christophersmart com> wrote:

> The only other thing I have to say is that when you copy your tarball
> to the stick, make sure you run:
> sync
>
> and then do a checksum comparison.

For the time being, I only have ~1.7 GB of data to back-up. So I copy
the whole /home directory, except the video directory, which are
videos that I can find on the net anytime and are not important.

I'll have to learn how to do incremental back-ups with rdiff or
rsync... God knows.