Re: Annoyance Re: Gnotes ?!?

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net> wrote:
> When you right click on a panel and the choose to dd to Panel, one of
> the things you can add is gnote. This appears as a yellow icon in gnome,
> unopened. No search window appears until you click on the gnote icon.

But putting a launcher in the panel is not the same as automatically
starting GNote when logging in.

I am annoyed by this also. Launching GNote from the menu simply puts
the GNote icon in the notification area. Starting it by adding it to
the session startup apps starts it with the search dialog visible.
(And I'm not sure how to get rid of that search dialog without
quitting and restarting GNote.)