Re: Request for Input on Creating Linux Courses...

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 09:31:33 +1000,
  "Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes kuentos guam net> wrote:

> The installing of the OS is just a one class session event, and just goes thru
> the process of install the various linux version as a single OS on a system, or
> dual boot with Windows. It also takes a look at all the software programs that
> are available at installation or later. I wish I could go into more, but the
> course focuses on networking.

This still seems like an odd match. If the course requires using Linux in
order to have a common set of network tools available, you might consider
having the students use liveusb images. Make buying a USB pen drive of
some minimum size a prerequisite and have a live image set up for them.
They should be able to get a precreated live usb image on their pen drives
in less than 4 hours and you don't need to take up class time explaining a
bunch of stuff that isn't relevant to the primary purpose of the course.
Links to supplementary information could even be bookmarked for use outside
of class by interested students.