Re: rpm command problem

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:56:18 +0530, sandeep wrote:

> hi everyone,
>                   i have problem in rpm command.when i was downloading the
> Adobe repository.it gave problem like this:
>
>  [root localhost ~]# rpm -ivh
> http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
> Retrieving
> http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
> Retrieving http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd>
> error: open of <!DOCTYPE failed: No such file or directory
> error: open of HTML failed: No such file or directory
> error: open of PUBLIC failed: No such file or directory
> error: open of -//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN failed: No such file
> or directory
> Retrieving http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd>
>
> Please someone tell me what is it and How i shall solve this problem.

At the address you specified, "rpm" only managed to download a web page
instead of a package.

The work-around is to use a web browser or another download tool for
downloading the adobe-release package. And only if you could successfully
download it, use "rpm -ivh ..." to install the downloaded package file
found on your local disk.