How to debug X crashes?

Hi,

I'm using Fedora 12 on a all-Intel laptop in a dual-head configuration. Since one week I experience a lot of X crashes (3-4 times per working day), mostly 1-2 minutes after I plugged in a USB keyboard. Unfortunately abrt does not pick up the crash and I can't find a traceback in a log file.

The only visible output is in tty8 but with very bad indentation so it's almost impossible to read.

How can I get a sensible traceback out of this?
fs