Re: WTF is wrong with thunderbird????

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 freenet de> wrote:
On 12/22/2009 10:15 AM, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
On 21/12/09 22:08, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't know if who the culprit actually is:
dovecot, TB3 or x86_64 or else.

Ralf

I have 3.0-4.fc12 Thunderbird
on 64bit. (gmail-imap)
None of the problems you describe.
Only known bugs with the filter list.

I don't have Dovecot

OK, another indication that the culprit might be dovecot, IMO.

[I am suspecting a file locking issue between TB3 and dovecot,
but this is not much more but a wild guess without having any
evidence for it.]

What I am actually doing is to filter incoming mails from several remote imap and pop accounts into a local dovecot-imap applying thunderbird filtering.

Have you disabled "Keep messages for this account on this computer"
for every account? This option is in the "Synchronization & Storage"
tab for the account. The default is "on", unfortunately.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ