Re: WTF is wrong with thunderbird????

On 12/22/2009 12:55 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On 12/22/2009 11:43 AM, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

What I am actually doing is to filter incoming mails from several remote
imap and pop accounts into a local dovecot-imap applying thunderbird
filtering.

Have you disabled "Keep messages for this account on this computer"
for every account? This option is in the "Synchronization& Storage"
tab for the account. The default is "on", unfortunately.
No, I hadn't. For some accounts it was "on", for some it was "off".

I am giving "off" for all a try and keep you posted, should this improve
the situation.

So far (after ca. 6 hours), setting them to "off", significantly reduces the mess, nevertheless, I am still occasionally observing old mails being marked as "new".

So ... close, but no cigar ;)

Ralf