Re: Firefox not working after on line updates

On 22Dec2009 08:24, Ed Greshko <Ed Greshko greshko com> wrote:
| Frank Cox wrote:
| > On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 16:31 -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
| >> I downloaded/built/installed a new version of sqlite, but that hasn't
| >> helped.
| >
| > This is likely your problem.  Firefox probably expects to find sqlite
| > installed from a Fedora rpm and not a homebuilt one.
| >
| All this is rather strange since I did a
| rpm --test -e sqlite
|
| There is no "is needed by (installed) firefox"  but there is "is needed
| by (installed) thunderbird".
|
| So, it would not appear that firefox is dependent on sqlite.

Well, its rpm isn't; bad rpm spec file? The bookmarks/places stuff uses an
sqlite db, so firefox definitely does need sqlite from somewhere.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.    - Winston Churchill
He must have been thinking of our liquor bills. - Unknown RAF Pilot