Re: Upgraded Fedora 12, only loads shell...Need GUI if possible

Matt Kalinec wrote:

> Hey people...
>
> I just upgraded a 256mb ram laptop that I had FC11 running on to FC12, but
> now it only loads shell. I need the GUI accessible to, if that is
> possible.
>
> I'm still fairly new to Fedora, and could use the help.

With out your hardware specifications it is hard to tell anything.  If you
enter the command

startx

do you get any indication that the X server is trying to start?  People have
had various adventures with different display hardware and the drivers in
F12.

Robert McBroom