Re: What is the smallest device that will run Fedora 12 ? Evolution ? Kontact ?

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 10:58 -0700, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 December 2009 10:42:50 Linuxguy123 wrote:

> > > The nokia N900 runs debian, you can open a terminal, tweak the sources
> > > and install things via dpkg.  I have a co-worker that has one - it's
> > > pretty impressive.
> >
> > I felt foolish posting this question but now I am very glad I did.
> >
> > Is the n900 running Debian out of the box or did your friend load it
> > with Debian ?  Is Maemo Debian ?
> >
> > What Linux apps will it run ?  Does it have Gnome/Qt/KDE ?   It must
> > support Qt apps because Nokia bought Qt.
> >
> > Has anyone here fooled around with putting mainstream Linux apps on the
> > N900 ?
> >

> It's Maemo Debian, came that way out of the box
> I've read a few posts about folks installing mainstream apps on it with
> success. I dont think it has KDE/Gnome, it's a touch-screen maemo specific
> interface.
>
> I'll know more in the coming weeks, Mine is due to be delivered today

Please let me/us (?) know how you like it.  It would be SO sweet to be
running Linux on our phones, laptops and servers !  One OS and so much
flexibility, not have to learn some new SDK, etc.

We are quite disappointed with my wife's iPhone.  Everything is so
locked up.