Re: boot screen font size?

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 06:28:37 +0530
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> > As I expected, KMS knows better than me what to do :-). It utterly
> > ignores the vga= setting.
>
> ... which is expected. You cannot have framebuffer mode and kms mode at
> the same time.

Which still leaves the question: Are there any .psfu console fonts
bigger than 16 pixels high? (Like closer to 32 or 48 pixels maybe)?
Or tools to convert existing fonts to .psfu?

The /usr/share/doc/kbd-1.15 directory does seem to document the
font format fairly well, perhaps I can just write a program to
render glyphs to a pixmap, then dump the pixmaps as .psfu fonts...