Re: Booting Fedora-12 from hard disk, again, again

Rick Stevens wrote:

>> I actually found the reference above slightly confusing,
>> because it is not clear to me what is meant by
>> "the installation image for Fedora" that is referred to.
>> Does this mean the file install.img or the Fedora ISO?
>
> "the installation image for Fedora" is the .iso file, when doing the
> install from hard disk or network.  It's the CD, DVD or thumb drive you
> booted from when using that a "distribution media" method.

Thanks.
But since there actually is a file called install.img
involved centrally in this process,
to use the term "installation image" for another file
seems bound to cause confusion.
Why not just call it the ISO file, or .iso file?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net