Thunderbird search option is not working

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Thu Dec 24 02:45:47 UTC 2009

On 12/23/2009 11:37 AM, Jatin K wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I'm using thunderbird 3.0-4 on my Fedora 12 64bit .. all works fine but
> not search ... whenever I try to search mail for particular item, every
> time it founds nothing. thus I'm unable to search anything in thunderbird
>
> can any one tell me the solution for this ....

  Assuming GLODA is off (which is a good thing) ... you have to click
the magnifying glass and choose Subject or From (or whatever) .. it
sometimes starts up on global even if its off - (very stubborn that gloda).

  See if that helps.

  Also confirm that advanced search (control-shift-f or
edit->find->search_messages) works ok.