How many people need to use the proprietary nvidia driver ? (Or other non kms driver ?)

Anuar, Nuhairi nuhairi.anuar at intel.com
Thu Dec 24 06:17:37 UTC 2009

>>Please reply if you need to ( ie must) use the proprietary nvidia driver
instead of the nouveau driver.
Yes, I must use proprietary driver. Nouveau is too slow for my machine.

>>If you are using the proprietary nvidia driver or some other non kms
equipped driver, how are you finding F12 ?  Ie do you experience
freezing when you access some panel items ?
It works fine on F11 but crashed a few time on F12. BTW, my card is Nvidia 9800gtx+.

Please reply if you need to ( ie must) use the proprietary nvidia driver
instead of the nouveau driver.

Or some other video driver that doesn't support kernel mode switching.

DON'T reply otherwise, I don't want to hear a debate on the free
versions versus proprietary or anything else.

If you are using the proprietary nvidia driver or some other non kms
equipped driver, how are you finding F12 ?  Ie do you experience
freezing when you access some panel items ?

Thanks