How many people need to use the proprietary nvidia driver ? (Or other non kms driver ?)

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Thu Dec 24 09:15:45 UTC 2009

I used akmod-nvidia on Fedora 12 for 3D but the screen resolution is
glunky compared to Fedora 12.
Could not install the proprietary nvidia driver.

For instance, I am trialling Varicad in F12 and it looks average, large
icons, mouse movements average,  but Blender 2.49 works well.
In Fedora 11 Varicad works and looks very nice, small icons, snappy
movement, very clean.
Screen resolution in both F11 and F12 is set the same.
I use Geforce 8600GT video card.
Generally everything else worked well in F12.
Roger